Eggs benedict

I made Eggs benedict for breakfast for my sis and bro-in-law on a Sunday morng! Cooking the poached eggs were easier than I thought. As I...

I made Eggs benedict for breakfast for my sis and bro-in-law on a Sunday morng!

20120421-091909.jpg
Cooking the poached eggs were easier than I thought. As I don't have a double boiler (saving the trouble of making one too), I bought the pre-made hollandaise sauce from the supermarket. But I don't rly like the taste. It's a little mayonish. Prolly home made hollandaise sauce will be much btr. I'm def gna try making hollandaise sauce next time! But I guess if yr egg yolks are runny, you can go without the sauce too. I made some garlic sautéed mushrooms too and they were fantastic.
Ingredients
Servings: 3
- 3 eggs
- Bacon/ham
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- Baguette/sourdough/eng muffins/ ( any bread you want)
- Pre-made hollandaise sauce ( i feel that making yr own'll be btr)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 pkt diced button mushrooms
- 5 cloves of garlic ( I am an avid fan of garlic!! So if you do not like it, you can go easy on the number of cloves.)
-Salt & pepper to taste

Cooking the sautéed mushrooms
1. Add the butter into the saucepan and switch on the fire.
2. Pop the chopped garlic into the saucepan.
3. Add the diced mushrooms when the butter is slightly bubbling.
4. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, herbs if you have.
5. Stirring occasionally to prevent the mushrooms from sticking onto the saucepan. It is almost done when the mushrooms have absorbed most of the water. Add salt and pepper to suit yr own taste.

Note*: do not soak the mushrooms in water for a long time when you are washing the mushrooms. Mushroom absorb water easily. Lightly rinse/wash it will do.
Poaching the eggs
1. Add vinegar and bring the water in the saucepan to boiling then turned down the fire and let it simmer.
2. Spin the water to let it cool down a little. Crack yr egg one at a time in a bowl and carefully drop yr egg into the center of the whirlpool.
3. Yr eggs take about 3-5 mins to be cooked, depending how cooked you want yr yolks to be.
Note*:
- use fresh eggs
- if you are poaching many eggs at a time, do not spin the water.
- poach an egg at a time to prevent eggs from merging tgt
-serve almost immediately
-click here to get more details about poaching eggs.
Assembling them together
1. Pan-fry your ham/bacon or you can pop them into the oven for a few mins. I used ham as it is healthier but I think bacon will be more tasty!
2. Toast your bread and lightly apply with butter.
3. Stack yr ham/ bacon followed by eggs. Top with some hollandaise sauce.
4. Serve with some sautéed mushroom.
You can use almost anything you have on hand. Tomatoes, asparagus, broccoli, lettuce are good sides too!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Thanks a lot for writing your current post Eggs benedict Pinchofglamor . I never knew these details, therefore i could keep the idea handy now so we could research the idea later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information on Eggs benedict Pinchofglamor, it will be actually valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the late reply! You're Welcome!! Hope yr eggs benedict will turn out good! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Francene Bohnet,
    Sorry for the late reply. Thank you so much! Hope this piece of information helps you in some ways!! (: Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete