Lau Hock Guan kee

I’ve been to this place twice and both times were pretty satisfactory. My family settled for weekend dinner on both occasions. We went in th...

I’ve been to this place twice and both times were pretty satisfactory. My family settled for weekend dinner on both occasions. We went in the evening to avoid the crowd. Whatsmore, early dinner is better too. More time to digest your food. Hahaha. The shop looks pretty rundown and there aren’t many tables around. However, the staff is rly friendly. The food is cheap and the servings are big. You get a big plate of stir fried vegetables for $8. Other zi char probably sells that good amount of veg for $10-$12? I realized there are quite a handful of regular customers because the Uncle who takes orders seems to know many of the customers!!

20120522-184628.jpg
Signature dish: Ba Kut Teh (BKT): $6 (Smallest size. 1 serving) Looks dull but I really like their BKT. Very flavorful and they are very generous with their meat. There’s 4 big pieces of meat!!

20120522-194343.jpg
Signature Dish: Curry Fish Head. Although this is their signature dish, i don’t really like it. Theirs is the salty version of Curry Fish Head. I am not sure if you get what I mean but I personally prefer the sweeter version. Nevertheless, I see it on many tables!
20120522-185115.jpg
Steam Fish. We ordered the tail of “Ngor fish” (in Hokkien). I think its called threadfin. I prefer this to the Curry Fish Head. The fish is very fresh.

20120522-222816.jpg
Toufu with minced meat. The uncle who takes order recommended this dish to us. If I am not wrong, they make their own toufu. This is really yummy!!

We ordered other dishes like Heng Cai etc.. I like their omelet. Pretty thick and delicious!

Address: 328 Joo Chiat Road #01-02
Opening Hours: 8:30am-4pm, 5pm-1am. Closed on Thursdays
Tel: +65 6440 4928a

You Might Also Like

0 comments