Rong Xin Yong Tau Fu

Time flies and I am already in the 5 th week of my internship. Interning at the Central Business District has indeed exposed me to seve...

Time flies and I am already in the 5thweek of my internship. Interning at the Central Business District has indeed exposed me to several aspects of the Singapore Culture. Stepping into the hawker centre, there were plenty of unoccupied seats, yet they were actually ‘reserved’ with tissue paper/name cards/umbrellas. This behavior is more prevalent in the CBD compared to heartland areas. Another good thing about the cbd area is that there are plenty of delicious and popular hawker food to select from. Despite the variety, I always order the same dish every time I visit Tanjong Pagar Food Centre for lunch. Yes, I am totally bought over by the yong tau fu stall at the food centre such that I have eaten that more than 10 times since I started my internship. This is one of the best Yong Tau Fu I have ever eaten. The ingredients sold at Rong Xing Yong Tau Fu are fresh and succulent. Size wise, the other stalls are incomparable to Rong Xing's. Even the green leafy vegetables are bundled in a bigger quantity. There is always a huge crowd of people waiting for their turns at the stall. My advice is to select your ingredients and place your order with the uncle before you get a seat. It is going to take a while before your order is ready to collect.
I absolutely love this brinjour. BRINJAL LOVERS YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS. Unlike the bland and simply boiled brinjals sold at other Yong tau fu stalls, their brinjals are very well marinated. Just by looking at the colour, you know it has already absorbed all the flavours from the marinade. 
Doesn't this meatball look delicious? These handmade meatballs beat those frozen ones hands down. Not only are they bigger, they are juicier, more springy and chewier than those frozen ones. They have the fried version too. 
This is one of their fish cake stuffing. It is pretty thick and made with a generous amount of filled with a generous amount of toppings like spring onions, chilli etc...
These people are waiting for their orders to be cooked and there are still many standing behind me. The approximate waiting time is about 15 mins. Sometimes, it can stretch abit longer during peak hours. Minimum $3 order. 1 piece is $0.60. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. salivating now!
    (ps. it's brinjal not brinjour! :))

    ReplyDelete