Sweet Potato, Carrot & Onion Patties

I have finally visited the Trick Eye Museum with Jo at Resort World Sentosa. We have been talking about visiting Trick Eye for the longest...

I have finally visited the Trick Eye Museum with Jo at Resort World Sentosa. We have been talking about visiting Trick Eye for the longest time but never had the time to go. We spent about two hours at The museum. The ticket costs $25 and they have 6 zones in total. Each zone has about 6-8 photo taking points. I think it would be fun to bring your folks here and see them climbing up and down, posing with their hilarious expressions. 

We headed for lunch at Real Food Cafe at The Central. I have been there countless time and I never fail to order their dumpling noodles (because it's really good and if you haven, pls try it!!) But this time, we ordered something else. We had the beet patty burger and  pizza. I was inspired by the patty which was made of beet root, carrots, potato, millet, onion and zucchini. So the next day, I went home to make vegetable patties. I think they make good burgers and serve as a good side dish as well. 
I didn't have potatoes at home, so I substituted with sweet potatoes. After all, sweet potatoes are much healthier than potatoes. 

Ingredients: 
1 Sweet Potato 
1 onion (sliced) 
1 Carrot (shredded)  
Salt and Pepper 
Oil 

1. Steam the sweet potatoes until very cooked.  
2. Mash them and add the shredded carrots and onions. 
3. Season with salt and pepper. Mix them thoroughly and shape them into about 1.5 inch patties. (Depends on personal preference) 
4. Drizzle your frying pan with a little oil and pan fry the patties until golden brown on each side. 


If I were to include a veggie patty in a burger, I would include more ingredients in the patty to provide more crunch and cut down on the proportion of (sweet) potato. But if it's to be served as a side dish (just like what I did), a greater proportion of (sweet) potato is good to go, as it provides you with your daily carb intake. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments