Orange Chiffon Cake

I dragged my family to Chinatown Siahuat two weeks ago. That place is fabulous. I can absolutely spend the whole morning there. My awesome m...

I dragged my family to Chinatown Siahuat two weeks ago. That place is fabulous. I can absolutely spend the whole morning there. My awesome mum helped me restock quite a number of baking utensils and i finally replaced my old n short chiffon tin with a brand new 20 cm chiffon tin from SiaHuat. I really think that chiffon tins are overprice. After my pandan chiffon cake,  I finally re-bake my orange chiffon cake after my first attempt in a normal cake tin! The cake wasn't too dry nor moist. Just the right texture for chiffon cake!! Do give it a go!!

Ingredients: ( Slight amendments from SmallSmallBaker to fit 20 cm chiffon tin )

4 yolks
26.6g sugar
40g Vegetable oil
53.3ml Orange Juice
approximately zest of 1-2 oranges
66.6g flour
4 egg whites
66.6g sugar
6.66g corn flour

steps:

1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until the sugar dissolves. |
2. Gradually add in vegetable oil, followed by Mandarin orange juice and zest.
3. Sift cake flour twice and add into egg yolk mixture. Mix until just combined. Set aside. 4. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy.
Add in combined sugar and corn flour mixture gradually and continue whisking until stiff peak form.
5. Gently fold in the egg white into the egg yolk batter (in step 3) in 3 batches.
6. Pour the batter into an ungreased chiffon tin. Give the tin a few slight knocks on the tabletop to remove air bubbles. Bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C for 35 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and invert the tin immediately onto a cooling rack.
8. Unmould the cake only when it is completely cool.



Soft, moist n fluffy ^^

You Might Also Like

0 comments