Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Talking about cookies, the first thing that came to my mind is none other than subway! I am a huge fan of subway cookies. If not for the s...



Talking about cookies, the first thing that came to my mind is none other than subway! I am a huge fan of subway cookies. If not for the sinful calories, I will have them everyday! I love how soft and chewy their cookies are! My favourites are chocolate chip and white chip cookies! Their double chocolate chip cookie is probably one of my last few options. Ironically, I fell in love with the world peace cookies that my friend baked for us during one of our meetings. They were really really yummy and i couldn't stop snacking on them throughout the meeting. Although i am a great fan of cookies, i hardly bake them because I don't seem to connect well with cookies. They are delicious but i just cant seem to bake 'nice-looking' cookies. Whenever i bake cookies, they always turn out to be very crispy.  This recipe should yield a soft, chewy and slightly brownie-like cookie but they were still on the crispy side when i bake them. The next time I'll probably bake slightly bigger and thicker cookies so they would be softer and chewy. This recipe is a must keep and i'll definitely bake them again! I've reduced the sugar level from the original recipe so that it complements the sweetness from the chocolate chips.


Recipe:
150g All purpose Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
154.3g Butter at room temperature
95g Brown Sugar
25g White Sugar
1/4 tsp Sea Salt 
1tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup of semi sweet Hershey Chocolate Chips

1. Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. 
2. Using an electric mixer or a hand whisk, beat the butter until soft and creamy. Add sugar, salt and vanilla extract. 
3. Add the flour. Continue mixing. Try to work the dough as little as possible after you add the flour.
4. Toss in the chocolate pieces and mix only to incorporate. 
5. Turn the dough on to a work surface. gather it together and divide it in half. Shape the dough into logs. Wrap them in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours ( I freeze them for 1 hour instead)
6. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius, slice the logs into rounds and arrange th baking sheets, leaving about 1 inch between them. 
7. Bake the cookies one sheet at a time for 12 mins- They wouldn't look done not will they be firm. But that is the way it should be. Allow the cookies to cool a little before you transfer them to a cooling rack. Serve them warm or at room temperature. Pack the remaining cookies into an air tight container for up to 3 days. The dough can be frozen up to 2 months. 

Check out my second attempt baking these awesome cookies with my remaining dough!

You Might Also Like

0 comments