Easy Meringue Cookies

I've never eaten a meringue cookie before i baked this. Even until now, this is my first meringue cookie i've tasted in my entire...

I've never eaten a meringue cookie before i baked this. Even until now, this is my first meringue cookie i've tasted in my entire life. I see colourful pretty meringue rock buns sitting on display whenever i walk past Canale. I don't know what meringue cookies should taste like but these so called 'meringue cookies' i made are pretty delicious. They are crispy on the outside and has a fluffy marshmallow texture on the inside. 
Recipe: 
4 Egg whites, room temperature
150g Caster Sugar
2 Tbsp Corn Flour
Chocolate Chips

1. Preheat oven to about 150 degrees celsius. Put the egg whites into a large bowl. Whisk to soft peaks, then add half the sugar a spoonful at a time, whisking between each addition without over beating. 

2. Whisk in the corn flour then add the rest of the sugar as before until smooth and thick.

3. Line your pan with baking paper, spoon big plops of the mixture onto baking paper and top with chocolate chips and bake them for about 30-40 mins. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments