Mini Baked Cinnamon Doughnuts

I have been wanting to make these little babies since the first time i saw it online. I used to love doughnuts a lot. In fact, I still ...


I have been wanting to make these little babies since the first time i saw it online. I used to love doughnuts a lot. In fact, I still love it but i hardly eat them now because these pretty looking devils are actually deep fried. Upon seeing "baked doughnuts", I know i definitely have to give this recipe a try. Furthermore, it has my favorite cinnamon topping which reminds me of my favorite cinnamon sugar pretzel from auntie annes! These baked cinnamon doughnuts are a combination of my two favorite food! Unfortunately, my family isn't a fan of cinnamon. They can't share my excitement with me. Well i thought these little "doughnuts" tasted more like muffin instead and they were slightly dry. Perhaps i'll add more butter the next time i make these. 

Recipe: (makes 24 mini doughnuts. Original recipe adapted from frozenwings)
187g Cake Flour
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
1tbsp Yoghurt
110 ml Milk
56g Butter
50g Sugar
1 large egg

For doughnut coating
56g Butter, melted
100g Sugar mixed with 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius. Grease muffin pans
2. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt. 
3. COmbine milk and yoghurt in another bowl. 
3. Crem butter for 2-3 mins using a mixer. Reduce to low speed and gradually add sugar. Continue to mix until the colour lightens. Add the egg and beat until just combined. 
4. Add the dry ingredients in 3 batches, flour, milk and flour mixing until smooth. Do not overmix 
5. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tray, filling approx 2/3. Bake for 18-23 mins, until the tops are firm and lightly golden. 
6. Prepaare melted butter in one bowl and the cinnamon sugar in another. Let the doughnuts cool completely on a wire rack, dunk them in the melted butter then coat them with cinnamon sugar. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments