Miso Roasted Pumpkin

I am a great fan of starchy vegetables like pumpkin, sweet potatoes, yam etc... They keep you feeling full for longer on fewer calories. ...

I am a great fan of starchy vegetables like pumpkin, sweet potatoes, yam etc... They keep you feeling full for longer on fewer calories. Besides, they are a great source of nutrients and beta carotene which helps to fight cancer. Unfortunately, I notice that pumpkins aren't that popular among asian dishes. I remembered my mum and aunt used to cook my favorite stir-fry pumpkin with anchovies dish for dinner in the past. Speaking of that, I am starting to crave for it now. Perhaps i should try cooking that one of the days! I was craving for pumpkin last few days but was too lazy to stir-fry them. So i figured the most fuss-free method was to roast them. All you need to do is to toss pumpkin cubes in the marinade, send them into the oven and it's done! They serve as a side for my salad to bring to school. :> I pierced the pumpkin cubes with a fork to better infuse the pumpkin cubes with the miso marinade. 

Recipe: 
1/4 Pumpkin, cut into cubes

1 tbsp Miso Paste
1.5 tbsp Honey
1.5 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Soy Sauce
A splash of Balsamic Vinegar

1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius
2. Combine miso paste, honey, sesame oil, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Stir well. 
3. Pierce pumpkin cubes with a fork. 
4. Pour the marinade onto the pumpkin cubes and mix well. Let it rest for about 5 mins. 
5. Line your pan with parchment paper. Spread the pumpkin cubes all over the pan and send them into the oven for about 8-10 mins on one side.
6. Flip the pumpkin cubes and roast for another 8-10 mins. Make sure to check the pumpkin cubes frequently to ensure that they are not burnt. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments