Maison Ikkoku (2)

I am back at one of my favourite brunch cafes. I've been wanting to come back to this place since my last visit a year ago yet I too...

I am back at one of my favourite brunch cafes. I've been wanting to come back to this place since my last visit a year ago yet I took so long to return back to this place. Maison Ikkoku is certainly one of the cafes that I would highly recommend for a good brunch and I would definitely return for their brunch. I have been spending too much money eating around since summer started and I tell myself this is going to be the last cafe that I am going to spend beyond 10$ per visit this month (Cross fingers. If not, I will really go broke). Not only is their food fantastic, they are pretty generous with their serving too. I guess that is the main reason that keeps me coming back. I've heard good reviews about their red velvet cakes and coffee but I've yet to try them because I am always tempted by their brunch. All their prices are nett and you got to make your payment at the cashier upon order. I came here on a Saturday evening and it was not as crowded as I expected it to be. It is located at Khandahar Street (very near to the famous Rich & Good Cake shop) , a 10-15 mins walk away from Bugis MRT Station. 
Smoked Salmon Scrambled ($18) 
I am a great fan of scrambled eggs. It is my favourite way of cooking eggs. The scrambled eggs are cooked with chives till the right consistency. The slices of smoked salmon are sitting underneath the eggs. The multigrain toast and the avocado side are my favourite too. Basically, I love everything about this dish! Hahaha
Hangover Omelette ($16) 
I am usually not an "omelette person" yet this is one of my favourite dishes at Maison Ikkoku. I ordered this during my first visit too. Unfortunately, the size of the omelette seemed to have shrunk. I hope that the size would at least remain till the next time I visit this place again. Nevertheless, it was still as delicious and satisfying. The over easy omelette was cooked with thick slices of honey baked ham, spanish onions, bell peppers, diced tomatoes, portobello mushrooms and mozerella cheese, served with breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast. 

Craving for desert elsewhere? We hopped to Stateland cafe (Bali Lane- about 7-10 mins walk from Maison Ikkoku) after our meal at Maison Ikkoku. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments