Oreo Fudgy Brownie

Brownies are one of the easiest desert to bake and I've baked these countless times. I've taken a long break from baking partly b...

Brownies are one of the easiest desert to bake and I've baked these countless times. I've taken a long break from baking partly because the inner glass door of my oven has dropped. So whenever I open the oven door when the oven is hot, I had to wear a pair of gloves and be extra careful to place the inner glass door down and try to stick it back to the door. The tape that holds the glass and the oven door together becomes less sticky when the temperature is high. Hence, it is extremely troublesome to bake especially when we need to open the door several times to check the doneness of our cake. Finally, I went to the "Self Fix DIY" store to get one of the High Resistant 3M tapes to stick the glass door back. So far, it has been working pretty well and that means I am going to bake more often! I had a stron urge to bake these oreo brownies after eating the oreo brownie at Cake Spade. The oreo topping on the brownie that I had at Cake spade was soft and similar to a cake like texture. However, mine still remained as crunchy like a it's original state. Does anyone knows how to soften the cookie? I was thinking of leaving the cookies uncovered for a few hours before baking but I am unsure if this is an absurd idea hahaha! Nevertheless, the brownie still turned out great and well received by those who tried it. Despite reducing the sugar level by 40% from the original recipe, I still find it a little too sweet. I would probably reduce sugar level to 80g in future. 
Recipe: (Original recipe adapted from Laura Vitale)
141g Butter ( 5 Ounce) 
198g Chocolate 
120g Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract 
1/4 tsp Salt 
1Tbsp Cocoa Powder 
2 Large Eggs 
2 Tbsp Warm Water
1 Tsp Espresso Powder 
80g All Purpose Flour
8 Oreos, separated

1. Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius and line 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix warm water with espresso powder in a small bowl and set aside. 
3. Melt chocolate using a microwave. 
4. Whisk butter and sugar until fluffy and add eggs, vanilla extract and espresso mixture. Beat until well combined. 
5. Add melted chocolate and whisk. Fold in dry ingredients. Do not over mix. 
6. Pour mixture into baking pan and bake for about 40 mins or until when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs but not wet batter.


You Might Also Like

0 comments