Real food cafe

So today, I've decided to put my experiences with Real Food Cafe in 1 post altogether. This is one of my all time favourite cafes bec...

So today, I've decided to put my experiences with Real Food Cafe in 1 post altogether. This is one of my all time favourite cafes because they not only serve delicious but healthy organic food at affordable prices. Whenever we talk about healthy food, the most common food that are perceived to be healthy would probably be salad. But there are other food apart from salad that are healthy too! The best part about this place is that it is a vegetarian cafe. Before you start to doubt how vegetarian food can be delicious (especially guys..), hey give vegetarian food a chance! Food don't need meat to be good all the time right? My heart was completely bought over after my first visit. They have expanded from just 1 outlet at The Central to having 4 outlets ( Central, Square 2, Killiney and West Coast) across the tiny island now. I have been to all except Square 2. Well, if you're going with a big group, perhaps you can consider going to the Killiney outlet because it is pretty big. So, if you are health conscious, dieting or looking for a healthier restaurant or cafe for lunch/dinner, I highly recommend this place!
 
Dumpling Noodles: $9.80 
This is my favourite dish and it is really satisfying. I love the texture and chewiness of their udon noodles and I would consider that it actually has a generous serving of both noodles and dumplings. It comes with 6 big dumplings! The dumplings are made of a mix of vegetables and they tasted a little like "soon kueh". 

Orange and Pumpkin Vinaigrette: $10.80
This is what I would usually order in the past too. This bowl of salad contains my favourite sweet potato and pumpkin. I am not joking about this but they have the best sweet potato I have ever eaten. To all sweet potato haters (some of my friends do hate sweet potatoes), you really need to give these sweet potato babies a chance?! And to all sweet potato lovers out there, you definitely got to eat this! How can you call yourself a sweet potato fan if you don't try it! It is mouthgasmically delicious! Well, on the other hand, $10.80 for this dish is a tad too high especially when the size of sweet potato and pumpkin has been shrinking every time I order this. If you just want to try their sweet potatoes instead of getting the entire salad, I think they do have a sweet potato & potato side as well. 

Stuffed Veggie Salad- $9.80
The vegetable patties were made from grated beetroot, carrots, mashed potato, onions, fresh parsley and millets. It was my first time eating vegetable patties. At first i was quite skeptical about the color of the patties but they turned out quite nice! 

Organic Mushroom Aglio Olio: $7.80
This dish is pretty fragrant. The mushrooms were marinated well, except that the pasta was slightly on the dry side. Like the udon noodles, I kinda like their texture and chewiness of their pasta too. 

Poached Egg Sourdough Sandwich: $8.80 
Skip this. There are better poached eggs at other cafes. 

Banana + Berries Smoothie:$7.80
It is nice but personally, I don't think it is worth paying close to 8 bucks for a small cup of smoothie. Nothing can go wrong with bananas and berries right? 





You Might Also Like

0 comments