Banana Prune Cake

As I am drawing to the end of my internship, I am beginning to treasure my weekends more because when school commences in 2 weeks, I am m...

As I am drawing to the end of my internship, I am beginning to treasure my weekends more because when school commences in 2 weeks, I am most probably going to spend my weekends studying in lks library / doing projects etc… I would have to bid goodbye to the carefree life that I am leading now. So, I spent my precious Saturday afternoon doing what I love and that is experimenting with recipes. This time, I baked a Banana & Prune Loaf Cake. I stumbled upon this recipe in one of the recipe books in a book store several years back actually. Thank goodness I did not delete the recipe that I noted in my phone. Before you question the combination of these 2 food, let me tell you that prunes and banana go really well together. I love the kind of tanginess and unique flavor that prunes add to cakes. Prunes are sweet in nature so you won’t have to add so much sugar while baking. This loaf cake was well received by my family and I am so happy that my mum actually likes it because she is not usually a fan of cakes and pastries. The cake is moist and it even keeps well to the next day. This is definitely one of my to keep recipe!
Recipe
120g butter
60g caster sugar
1.5 eggs
1 eg yolk
125g banana (mashed)
50g pitted prunes (cut into pieces)
75g self raising flour
45g plain flour
1 banana (sliced)
3 pitted prunes (cut into halves)

1. Soften butter before using it and preheat your oven to 175 degrees celsius
2. Add sugar, eggs, egg yolks
3. Sift in self raising flour and plain flour. Gently beat until well combined
add mashed banana and pitted prunes and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into loaf tin. Arrange the sliced bananas and pitted prunes on top.  Bake it for approximately 25-30 mins. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments