Honey Glazed Salmon Soba

Taking a break from the traveling posts, here is something that I whipped up for my dinner two days ago. Since I returned from Europe, I h...

Taking a break from the traveling posts, here is something that I whipped up for my dinner two days ago. Since I returned from Europe, I have developed the unhealthy habit of eating instant food. The five months of exchange in Europe has drastically transformed my dietary habits. I used to avoid carbs and fast food in the past. As an exchange student who tried to save more money on food for travel, I began to eat more carbs because they are cheaper. Now, I could hardly revert my diet back to before but I feel happier to be able to eat without beating myself over the calories consumed.It is no longer about losing weight to be skinny but striking a balance between indulgence, diet and exercise. I’ve learnt to treat myself better.


The following dish is not only healthy and versatile but easy to prepare. You can certainly add any left over ingredients from yesterday’s home cooked dinner to the soba as well. The ingredients are easily available from the supermarket.  Soba is a healthier alternative to traditional pasta. Unlike traditional pasta that is made from refined flour, soba has more fiber, protein and less calories. 

Recipe: (2 servings) 

Soba
100g of soba
1tbsp honey 
1/2 tbsp mirin 
2 tbsp soy sauce 
1tsp sesame oil 

Fish
2 salmon filets
1/4 cup honey 
1/6 cup soy sauce 
1tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp fresh ginger 

2 eggs 

1) Prepare the salmon marinade by mixing all ingredients together.
2) Partially make 1/2 fillet deep cuts on the skinless side of the salmon fillet. 
3) Marinate the salmon fillet well and refrigerate it for 15 mins to a couple of hours. 
4) Prepare the marinade for the soba by mixing all ingredients together.
5) Cook soba according to package instructions. Once soba is ready, drain the water and pour the marinade into the pan and mix well with the soba. 
6) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius and bake the salmon fillet for 10-12 mins until cooked. 
7) Meanwhile, prepare a pot of water over high heat until it is boiling. Bring it to bare simmer. Place the eggs into the water and cook for six mins. 
8) Put all the toppings together and enjoy. 😃 




You Might Also Like

0 comments