Sea Salt Chocolate Brownies

Scrolling the endless number of food posts on my Instagram feed gave me the sudden urge to bake again. Hence, I decided to dedicate one of t...

Scrolling the endless number of food posts on my Instagram feed gave me the sudden urge to bake again. Hence, I decided to dedicate one of the evenings after work to bake. It has been a long time since I last baked and I certainly should keep the momentum going after this round! Decided to start with something easy.


This recipe is amazing. I have used it multiple times and this time, i decided to add walnuts and sea salt. While brownies come in many forms, this recipe gives one with crispy top, rich and chocolatey yet light in texture. The use of cake flour contributed to the light and fine textured brownie. Melting the butter and chocolate together gives a rich and chocolatey flavour.  I strongly recommend to use Hersheys' Chocolate Chips instead of other house brands. the half melted texture of these chips after baking made the brownie so rich and gooey!





Recipe
120g Butter
70.87g Chocolate
15g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
75g Cake Flour 
1.5 eggs
1/2 tsp Vanilla
115g Sugar
3/8 cup of Chocolate Chips
A handful of chopped walnuts
Sprinkle of seasallt

1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius. Melt the butter with the chocolate over low heat in a saucepan and whisk until smooth and melted. Sprinkle in cocoa powder and whisk to combine. Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool for about 5 mins.

2. Stir in sugar and vanilla until just combined.
3. Stir in the eggs, one at a time.
4. Gently stir in the flour until halfway incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts. Stir until just combined
5. Pour the batter into a greased 8X8 baking pan. Sprinkle sea salt evenly. 
6. Bake for about 25-30 mins. If it is overly gooey/messy, return to the oven for 5 to 10 more minutes


x

You Might Also Like

0 comments