Moist Banana Cupcakes

How do you spend your slow Sunday afternoons? My usual Sunday afternoons are spent experimenting recipes. This week is no different! I...

How do you spend your slow Sunday afternoons? My usual Sunday afternoons are spent experimenting recipes. This week is no different! I've a few slightly overripe bananas and they are perfect for baking. I was trapped in a dilemma whether to call these cupcakes or muffins. Well, I decided to call them cupcakes because my idea of muffins are usually those that have a big umbrella top or with streusel toppings. At first i was pretty skeptical about this recipe since the steps are pretty simple and fuss-free. To my surprise, this recipe yields really moist and delicious banana cupcakes! I've made some changes to the original recipe. I'll certainly double the portion and make bigger cupcakes next time because this recipe is definitely a keeper! Since durians are in the season now, i guess i will get my dad to buy some durians for some durian cupcakes with this recipe! 

Recipe ( Original recipe adapted from Catcancook. Makes 10 mini cupcakes or 6 medium size cupcakes) 
90g Cake Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
3 Bananas
40g Melted Butter
40g Brown Sugar
10g White Sugar
1/2 lightly beaten Egg
nutella (optional) 

1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius
2. Mix cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Sift the flour mixture. 
3. Mash 2 bananas and slice the other banana into small pieces. 
4. Combine the mashed bananas, melted butter, egg and sugar and mix well. 
5. Fold in the sifted flour into the mixture. 
5. Fill 1/2 of the cupcake liner with the batter, add several pieces of bananas and fill the rest of the cupcake liner with the batter. 
6. Add 1/4 tsp of nutella on top and use a toothpick to create swirling effects. 
7. Bake the mini cupcakes for about 15 mins. (Approximately 20 mins if baking medium cupcakes) Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments