Hong Kong 2015

Last semester marked the end of my third year in SMU and summer has been great for me so far. Since my internship does not begin so early, ...

Last semester marked the end of my third year in SMU and summer has been great for me so far. Since my internship does not begin so early, I have quite some time to do the things I want; meeting my friends, gymming, swimming, cooking and all. 2 weeks ago, my family and I embarked on an impromptu trip to Hong Kong. Unfortunately, my dad didn't join us this time because of work. Unlike any other overseas trip, this trip was more challenging, bringing Zachary with us. Nevertheless, we enjoyed ourselves tremendously and even Zach had lots of fun too. It was Zachary's first time on a plane and managing him was much easier than we expected. He was very friendly and well liked by other passengers. As we were seated at the first row behind the toilets (requested for more spacious seats because of the baby), those passengers who were waiting for their turns at the toilet played with him as well!

It was my first visit to Hong Kong and I guess it was very much like Singapore, just that their buildings are more run down. I am glad that we always have our upgrading programs such as repainting of our buildings after every certain number of years. We visited our Uncle and his family and I got to see how cramped their houses really are. It was really tiny. My cousin lives in a two bedroom condominium and the entire house only has 1 toilet. Beds are usually flushed straight to the wall, leaving a small perimeter around the bed to walk. With Singapore's flats becoming smaller and more expensive over the years, I hope our homes won't become this size eventually. 

Alright, let the video do the rest of the talking! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments