Chye Seng Huat Hardware Cafe

It was an adventure with Clarence today. It was really nice of him to send me for my interview which was all the way at the East side of...


It was an adventure with Clarence today. It was really nice of him to send me for my interview which was all the way at the East side of this island. Hence, we decided to drop by Chye Seng Huat cafe after my interview since we were in the vicinity. I have been wanting to visit this cafe after seeing so many reviews about the coffee served at this little hardware store. Upon entering, we were overwhelmed by the strong aroma of the coffee beans. Indeed, their coffee was really good. Even a usual non-coffee drinker like me appreciates this cup of espresso! However, their prices were pretty steep.
Walnut Brownie + 2 Espresso w milk. Total Price: $15.50. We ordered a set which comprises of espresso and brownie for $10 and added 1 more espresso for $5.50.
 Espresso: $5.50

Walnut Brownie: $5. Crunchy on the outside, moist on the inside. The brownie was pretty good. Love the big chunks of walnuts.

Clarence in deep thoughts.
We wanted to try their sandwiches but their kitchen closes at 5 pm daily. Well, I feel that their food is slightly on the higher end for a student like me. I will not specially travel all the way to the East to visit this cafe again because it is too inconvenient. I believe that there are other hidden cafes probably worth exploring than this place. However, if you have not visited this cafe, do try it because you may like the place! Well, it's just ndividual preferences.

You Might Also Like

0 comments