Mini New York Cheesecakes

No no, I did not convert this little space into another cafe hop blog. There are so many great and fantastic blog cafe hoppers. I can nev...


No no, I did not convert this little space into another cafe hop blog. There are so many great and fantastic blog cafe hoppers. I can never be as fantastic as them. Recently, a friend asked me what do i do with the photos of food that i took all the time. I dont know. In fact, they just sit quietly in my memory card. So, i decided to blog about them and share my food hunt experiences since i love to eat. Going around to the different cafes, restaurants and hawkers to eat is not just solely about food, I gain inspiration and ideas along the way for my future dream.  Anyway, back to these mini new york cheesecakes that i baked specially for my brother in law. I really love new york cheese cakes because they are so rich in cream and cheese. These cheesecakes are fabulous. . It's not too sweet. Just the right amount of tanginess. Totally loving them. I think i can finish everything by myself since i am an ultimate cheese lover. Made them in cupcakes because it is much easier to distribute and the baking time-span is lesser too.

Recipe (serves 11 mini cheesecakes)
375g Cream Cheese
75g Caster Sugar
37.5g Sour Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Egg
1/2 Egg Yolk
15g Flour
100g Digestive Biscuit
1tbsp Melted Butter
4-5 tbsp Jam (optional), for topping

1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
2. Crush digestive biscuits and mix melted butter with the crushed digestive biscuits. Scoop about 1tbsp of crushed digestive biscuits into each cupcake liner and compress them.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
4. Add lemon juice, vanilla essence, flour and mix until combined.
5. Add eggs and beat until light.
6. Add sour cream and mix well. Spoon the cheesecake batter into the muffin liners.
7. Bake them in water bath (Place the muffin pans with the cheesecake batter in a tray of water in the oven) in the oven for about 20 mins.
8. Once time is up, switch off the oven and leave the oven door ajar for 30 mins, with the cheesecakes still inside the oven. Bring the cupcakes out after 30 mins.
9. Pop the Jam into the microwave for about 30s. Pour the Jam mixture onto the cheesecake and refrigerate these cheesecakes for approximately 4 hours or preferably overnight. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments